I am a freelance digital producer and an RHS qualified garden designer. I have undertaken a range of freelance web/multimedia projects including producing WordPress web sites for a wide variety of customers. I have also delivered successful garden design and landscaping projects for customers around Sussex.
During 2014 I enjoyed returning to the position of Digital Producer (maternity cover) for the international Babycenter websites, which at that time served over 40 million users a month.
Prior to becoming self employed I was a successful Producer / Project Manager for Cogapp, an award winning Multimedia consultancy based in Brighton, UK. I produced web and gallery based touch screen projects for museums in the UK and the USA.
What can I do for you?
• produce quality WordPress web sites
• undertake project management
• work with content management systems data management and production software to produce quality web and email marketing content
• share my passion for nurturing positive relationships through good communication
• bring creative thinking and problem solving to your projects
• create or work with bespoke digital solutions and train people to use them
• share the energy and determination to steer projects successfully through their full lifecycles
• asses and mitigate risk
• foster positive change and rise to challenges
• or even design a beautiful garden for you!
Freelance Projects (2005-present):
Please see my projects page for examples of recent website projects.
From January to December 2014 I worked as a Digital Producer for www.babycenter.com. I joined the Brighton office of Content Consultants (now the Thrive Agency) to cover a team member’s maternity leave for a year. The team produced content and targeted email bulletins which were served to over 40 million Babycenter users a month across the globe!
Other freelance assignments include work for Digital Opportunities, Barawood Publishing, Cogapp, Small Fry Productions and Penpont Woodland Ltd. I also undertake the odd garden design job when I get the chance!
Projects managed at Cogapp (1999-2005):
2003-4 Royal Pavilion Libraries and Museum online collection and CMS
2003-4 Porthcurno Telegraph Museum web site and CMS
2001-2004 Sheffield Galleries Museums Trust web site, online metalwork collection and CMS, Sacred and Profane exhibition web site and kiosk, and Weston Park regeneration website (no longer online)
2003 Frank Coffyn Collection (no longer online)
2003 Washington University Island Press web site www.kemperartmuseum.wustl.edu/islandpress/
2000-2 National Maritime Museum Search Station – new features for this extensive online and museum based learning resource (no longer online)
2001-2002 National Museum of Women in the Arts – online collection www.nmwa.org/collection/ (this has since been re-produced)
2000-1 Renegade touch screen interactive for Brighton Museum’s Fashion and Style Gallery.
Other projects and roles at Cogapp:
2000-2004 BAFTA nominated and Gold Muse award winning “Wonderful World of Joseph Cornell” DVD www.voyager-foundation.org. Role: Multimedia Engineer.
2000-2004 National Portrait Gallery London – extensive online and gallery based collection systems www.npg.org.uk. – various production tasks
2000-2004 Cleveland Museum of Art – extensive online collection – various production tasks
2002 Designing Britain Archive – web site production (HTML/CSS/CMS)
2002 Baltimore Museum of Art Painted Prints exhibition web site and touch screen kiosk – Producer
2001 Oz Clarke’s Wine Guide CD-ROM various production tasks and testing.
2001 Ironbridge Gorge Museums Trust web site – Co-producer
1999-2000 Shakespeare’s Globe Museum – nine interactive kiosks for the museum – Assistant Producer
Key roles at Cogapp
• Multimedia Project Manager and Producer
• Nurturing creative, trusting and successful partnerships with clients and colleagues
• Leading project teams and meeting deadlines on budget
• Managing projects (budgets up to £50k) through full lifecycles from pitch to handover (including maintenance contracts).
• Contributing to numerous colleagues’ multimedia and web projects
• Working to very high standards for public facing clients needing to meet strict standards
• Conceptual design and information architecture
• Transforming design into web pages, using Photoshop / Fireworks etc
• User and browser testing
• Using and setting up CMS and database solutions
• Writing instructional documents and training clients to use systems
• Marketing and promotional tasks, including attending conferences and events as a vendor, often responsible for organising and running stands in the UK and USA
• Contributing in many ways to the running and management of the company, including responsibility for H&S, contributing to creating company sustainability policy, member of company internal committee, which managed the day-to-day running of the office.
2005 – present – Self employed
2014 – a year of maternity cover as a Digital Producer for www.babycenter.com.
1999 -2005 – Cogapp Producer and Project Manager (initially Assistant Producer)
1997-98 – Technical volunteer, Lighthouse (a Digital Arts organisation www.lighthouse.org.uk), including paid teaching work on youth road shows and temporary office management cover
1994-95 – Member of the East Sussex Archaeology and Education Project, Anne of Cleaves House Museum Lewes, experimental archaeology and writing/running related educational workshops for school groups of various ages
1985-1995 – Various temporary or part time positions whilst studying or travelling including care work with the elderly and adults with learning difficulties, catering work, and many more too obscure to mention!
2010-12 RHS (Royal Horticultural Society) Level 2 Principles of Horticulture at Plumpton College – passed with 5/8 commendations
1999-2004 various short courses attended whilst working for Cogapp, including technology and software, business skills and user centred design courses
1998-99, Certificate in Multimedia (Fine Art) Sussex University
1993-96, BA (Hons) Fine Art, 2:1, University of Brighton
1989-90, Foundation Diploma in Art & Design, Northbrook College of Design and Technology, Worthing (Graphic Design)
School / VIIth form – 2 A’ Levels, 1 A/S Level, 1 O/A Level, 10 O’ Levels (including Maths and English) and one CSE grade 2 in Chemistry